A full warmth pours out of a small opening, as flames light through the raw, earthy coal nuggets. The smaller version of the CoalFire™ burner shares the same options and performance of its larger siblings from Rasmussen®. The Chillbuster™ burner that is housed inside of the Americana™ style basket provides 33,000 max BTU of heat -- impressive for such a small appliance.
Why use it? Because you can transform an old coal fireplace or even a wood-burning hearth to a cleaner, easier to manage fuel while still keeping the look and feel of a proper traditional fire. Refractory cement "coals" resemble fuel anthracite and cover the burner beneath. Rasmussen's exclusive lanced port technology gives the burner a high output but more natural flame pattern without sacrificing performance. Even if you have a firebox as shallow as 9" this appliance will still fit.
This vent-free system is perfect for old fireplaces that have a non-working chimney that has been sealed, collapsed, or closed off. In any case, you will have to close the flue or make sure that the firebox is sealed to make sure the burner operates properly.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the receiver unit, The addition of a remote control-ready ignition system may add as much as 4" to the minimum recommended fireplace opening.
Benefits and features:
Know your ignition system!
The ignition system you choose could make all the difference in enjoying your coal set to the fullest. Here's the basics:
NOTE: In Most Cases, Vent Free Appliances Are NOT Approved For Bedrooms Or Bathrooms.
NOTE: Select states and/or counties within states may not allow installation of vent free products. This includes but is not limited to: California, Minnesota, Wisconsin. Other states may have local restrictions such as Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Alaska, Wyoming, New Mexico, North Dakota and South Dakota. Please check local codes before purchasing a Vent Free Appliance.
THESE GAS LOG HEATERS ARE CERTIFIED TO THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS:
RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS INC, 12028 E. Philadelphia Street, Whittier California, U.S.A., warrants this Gas Log Set and accessories against defects in materials and workmanship, and suitable for a particular purpose, for a period of:
Home (Non-Commercial use):
(1) LOG CASTINGS - All logs are guaranteed against crumbling in the original installation for the lifetime of the initial purchaser.
(2) BURNERS/GRATES - 2 Years from date of purchase.
(3) SAFETY CONTROLS - Pilots and Safety Controls are covered by warranty of the original manufacturer only.
All components - 1 year from date of purchase THIS WARRANTY IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER.
(1) RASMUSSEN agrees to repair or furnish a replacement for, but not remove or install any product or component which proves defective within the above warranty and appropriate time periods stated.
(2) BUYER notify RASMUSSEN of any defect within this warranty no later than thirty (30) days after a defect is discovered.
(3) No product will be accepted for return or replacement without written authorization of RASMUSSEN. Before returning merchandise, write to RASMUSSEN Giving us full details of the complaint and a copy of the sales receipt or other evidence of the purchase date. Merchandise returned without proof of purchase date will be serviced out-of-warranty at our prevailing service and parts rates. If merchandise was damaged in transit, the file claim must be addressed as follows:
Shipping charges must be pre-paid by the buyer. REPAIR OR REPLACMENT UNDER THIS WARRANTY WILL BE SHIPPED FREIGHT COLLECT.
EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY:
(1) The foregoing warranty is limited solely as set forth herein and applies only for the designated above.
(2) RASMUSSEN shall not be liable for any loss, damage incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based upon warranty, contract, or negligence, arising in connection with the sale, use or repair of the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
(3) The maximum liability of RASMUSSEN in connection with this limited warranty shall not in any case exceed the contract price paid for the product claimed to be defective or unsuitable.
(4) This warranty does not extend to any product manufactured by RASMUSSEN which has been subjected to misuse, neglect, accident improper installation, or use in violation of instructions furnished by RASMUSSEN.
(5) This warranty does not extend to or apply to any unit which has been repaired or altered in any place other that RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS INC. factory, or by persons not expressly approved by RASMUSSEN.
(6) Components manufactured by any supplier other than RASMUSSEN shall bear only that warranty made by the manufacturer of that product.
(7) Freight damage, cracking from thermal shock, and color changes occur from causes beyond manufacturer’s control and are not covered by any warranty.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS, INC. shall be held harmless from any and all claims by the buyer as a result of injury or damage to an Ultimate user or other person caused by the product sold herein by the seller to the buyer, whether the injury or damage results from the assembly, product installation, operation, shipment, storage or manufacture of this product. RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS, INC. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, other than those expressly stated herein.
|Finish||Black powder coat paint.|
|Material||Steel (basket) Refractory cement (coals)|
|Fuel Type||Your choice of natural gas or liquid propane|
|Minimum Opening Width||17" (manual ignition) 21" (electronic ignition systems)|
|Minimum Opening Height||16"|
|Minimum Opening Depth||9"|
Our loyal customers have left 56 company testimonials giving us an average of 5/5 stars for great service. Would you like to leave your own feedback, testimonial, or review? Leave My Feedback
In today’s world of internet buying across hundreds and/or thousands of miles it is the customer who is at risk as they are purchasing product site unseen. Knowing CJ’s Home Decor & Fireplaces stood behind their customer says a lot about its service and its employees.
I am REALLY pleased! The picture of it does not do it justice. That is the prettiest piece of wood, and a contractor doing some work in my home said that the grain in the edge looks just like Damascus steel. I do wish the pic could give you a better indication of what I will enjoy for the rest of my life!
I must say the ladies in customer service really do go above and beyond. They have been quick to respond and extremely helpful. I can not wait to get my concrete bowls and install them. Thank you Dana and Lindsey for great service.
Finally got to use these doors
I got my fireplace doors, and I just wanted to say thanks! They look fantastic, work perfectly, so simple to install. I couldn't be any happier! Thanks so much for all your help with getting the right doors for my particular fireplace. We all gathered around the fireplace this afternoon and enjoyed the fire and the doors!!
Fireplace insert replacement glass
I called and spoke to a young lady that walked me through the order placement process. My glass came in quickly fit perfect very well pleased. I will definitely recommend you to my friends.