There's just something magical about those old coal basket fireplaces... The deep metal embossing, the smooth-line artistry, and the heft of these things lend themselves to something more than functional. Like something regal. But in the era of cleaner, more modern fuel options and efficient homes, you may even be tempted to throw out the old basket. With the Chillbuster™ conversion kit, you can kill two birds and still keep the stone!
This gas or propane-powered burner is designed to fit inside a larger coal basket to output 40,000 BTU of room-filling warmth.
This vent-free system is perfect for old fireplaces that have a non-working chimney that has been sealed, collapsed, or closed off. In any case, you will have to close the flue or make sure that the firebox is sealed to make sure the burner operates properly.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a conversion kit for existing coal baskets. Make sure that your coal basket will match the dimensions of this burner. If not, consult your contractor before modifying your coal basket.
Benefits and features:
Know your ignition system!
The ignition system you choose could make all the difference in enjoying your coal set to the fullest. Here's the basics:
NOTE: In Most Cases, Vent Free Appliances Are NOT Approved For Bedrooms Or Bathrooms.
NOTE: Select states and/or counties within states may not allow installation of vent free products. This includes but is not limited to: California, Minnesota, Wisconsin. Other states may have local restrictions such as Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Alaska, Wyoming, New Mexico, North Dakota and South Dakota. Please check local codes before purchasing a Vent Free Appliance.
THESE GAS LOG HEATERS ARE CERTIFIED TO THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS:
RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS INC, 12028 E. Philadelphia Street, Whittier California, U.S.A., warrants this Gas Log Set and accessories against defects in materials and workmanship, and suitable for a particular purpose, for a period of:
Home (Non-Commercial use):
(1) LOG CASTINGS - All logs are guaranteed against crumbling in the original installation for the lifetime of the initial purchaser.
(2) BURNERS/GRATES - 2 Years from date of purchase.
(3) SAFETY CONTROLS - Pilots and Safety Controls are covered by warranty of the original manufacturer only.
All components - 1 year from date of purchase THIS WARRANTY IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER.
(1) RASMUSSEN agrees to repair or furnish a replacement for, but not remove or install any product or component which proves defective within the above warranty and appropriate time periods stated.
(2) BUYER notify RASMUSSEN of any defect within this warranty no later than thirty (30) days after a defect is discovered.
(3) No product will be accepted for return or replacement without written authorization of RASMUSSEN. Before returning merchandise, write to RASMUSSEN Giving us full details of the complaint and a copy of the sales receipt or other evidence of the purchase date. Merchandise returned without proof of purchase date will be serviced out-of-warranty at our prevailing service and parts rates. If merchandise was damaged in transit, the file claim must be addressed as follows:
Shipping charges must be pre-paid by the buyer. REPAIR OR REPLACMENT UNDER THIS WARRANTY WILL BE SHIPPED FREIGHT COLLECT.
EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY:
(1) The foregoing warranty is limited solely as set forth herein and applies only for the designated above.
(2) RASMUSSEN shall not be liable for any loss, damage incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based upon warranty, contract, or negligence, arising in connection with the sale, use or repair of the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
(3) The maximum liability of RASMUSSEN in connection with this limited warranty shall not in any case exceed the contract price paid for the product claimed to be defective or unsuitable.
(4) This warranty does not extend to any product manufactured by RASMUSSEN which has been subjected to misuse, neglect, accident improper installation, or use in violation of instructions furnished by RASMUSSEN.
(5) This warranty does not extend to or apply to any unit which has been repaired or altered in any place other that RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS INC. factory, or by persons not expressly approved by RASMUSSEN.
(6) Components manufactured by any supplier other than RASMUSSEN shall bear only that warranty made by the manufacturer of that product.
(7) Freight damage, cracking from thermal shock, and color changes occur from causes beyond manufacturer’s control and are not covered by any warranty.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS, INC. shall be held harmless from any and all claims by the buyer as a result of injury or damage to an Ultimate user or other person caused by the product sold herein by the seller to the buyer, whether the injury or damage results from the assembly, product installation, operation, shipment, storage or manufacture of this product. RASMUSSEN IRON WORKS, INC. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, other than those expressly stated herein.
|Finish||Black powder coat paint.|
|Material||Steel (basket) Refractory cement (coals)|
|Fuel Type||Your choice of natural gas or liquid propane|
|Minimum Opening Width||16-1/2" (manual ignition)|
|Minimum Opening Height||16"|
|Minimum Opening Depth||7"|
Our loyal customers have left 55 company testimonials giving us an average of 5/5 stars for great service. Would you like to leave your own feedback, testimonial, or review? Leave My Feedback
Wish I would have found you sooner
Thanks for the help - I had stalled for years in doing this without a local company - this on-line process worked very well - clear directions and followup to questions and good suggestions. Thanks!
I received my shipment of the Cottesmore Electric Coal Basket this morning. I am very pleased with the basket and the way it operates. The heater is very quiet and the flickering flame effect is very attractive. I had planned to plug the unit into the electrical outlet on the right side of my fireplace. The electric cord is not long enough to reach that outlet since the cord comes off the left side of the unit. I will have to work something else out. I was very happy and surprised to receive the basket this soon. Thank you for such excellent service. Its been a real pleasure doing business with your company.
Looks Great!! Makes the fireplace complete. Very well built, fit perfect and was easy to install. Thanks for being part of a dream come true of our new home and for such a great product.
Thank you for the quick reply. I was successful installing my fireplace door this morning by adding a couple of washers between the bracket and bolt/screw supplied. I really am thrilled with the quality, craftsmanship, and ease of installation. Maybe this tip will help others if they find themselves in a similar situation.
This was the lowest price for glass
As I responded above, all went well and I appreciate being able to purchase the replacement glass for my gas fireplace insert at a reasonable cost. Thanks.