- Width: 17 1/4"
- Height: 9 5/8"
- Thickness: 3/16"
- Temperature: Withstands temperatures up to 1250°
- Glass Tint: Subtle amber tint
FITS STOVE MODELS:
- Dutchwest CDW270007 (steel)
- Dutchwest CDW300007 (steel)
This is a custom cut piece of ceramic glass that can be used for wood, coal, and pellet stoves. Make sure the new piece of replacement glass has at least 1/8" of room for thermal expansion, if this clearance is not provided the glass can expand and break. Flames will contact the glass periodically, this product has been manufactured to resist breaking against extreme temperature changes (thermal shock). Ceramic glass can withstand up to three times the heat of tempered glass.
CERAMIC GLASS TIPS, TRICKS, AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Metal screws and mounting hardware also expand when exposed to high temperatures! To avoid damage to your glass when your appliance is in use, please do not over-tighten hardware. We cannot be held responsible for breaks due to hardware that has been secured too firmly.
- Please submit any additional information, questions, or concerns you may have through our eBay message center.
- For your safety, please do not replace tempered glass with a ceramic option on a fireplace door! This results in overheating and a potential fire (not the kind you enjoy in your stove)! Some masonry doors are APPROVED for ceramic glass doors. Please check with your appliance's owner manual for details on masonry door replacement glass.
- Ceramic glass should NEVER be installed on a factory-built fireplace or prefab unit unless it is heater rated. Unfortunately, this can also result in overheating and a potential house fire.