- Type: Spark Arrestor
- Material: Black Powder Coating Stainless Steel
- Flue Size: 8” x 18”
- Width (from-to): 7” - 9.25”
- Length (from-to): 16” - 18.25”
Typically, chimney spark arrestors have two layers of mesh on the sides and a strong metal top. They differ from other hats due to the mesh and provide protection from the elements and birds. A chimney pot or flue needs to be installed.
Its purpose is to gather combustible materials from open flames or wood stoves, such as sparks and embers. Sparks must be extinguished to prevent a fire from igniting near a tree, on a roof, or on combustibles on the ground.
The Chim-A-Lator line of chimney caps is easily mounted on top of a masonry fireplace with just a screwdriver. They come in more than 50 common sizes, in stainless steel, and in powder-coated black galvanized metal, so employing them will save you time and money.
Use Outside Dimension when measuring
- 24 Gauge Material Thickness for superior strength
- 18 Gauge screen for added durability
- Weld nuts provide a secure attachment to chimney
- Lifetime Warranty on Stainless Steel Caps
BDM Chimney Cap Warranty Card.pdf